Olympique Lyonnais forward Alexandre Lacazette admits his long-term future is up in the air, and hinted he could leave the Stade de Gerland in the summer.
Lacazette, 23, is contracted to Lyonnais until the summer of 2018, but the player s tallies of 23 goals and five assists in 25 Ligue 1 appearances this season have caught the eye of several potential suitors abroad, including English Premier League sides Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur.
Nevertheless, the 23-year-old is still a Lyonnais player for now.
For now, I m Lyonnais and under contract but you never know what will happen in the future and this summer, Lacazette told L Equipe.
This is a discussion that will take place between the president [Jean-Michel Aulas] and myself and we will…
Luka Modric has reaffirmed his commitment to Real Madrid amid rumours he is wanted by Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr.
The 37-year-old is into his 11th campaign at the Santiago Bernabeu, during which time he has won 22 trophies, but he is due to be out of contract at the end of the season.
He has been touted as a possible target for Al Nassr, who sensationally signed Cristiano Ronaldo in December following his release from Manchester United.
But when probed on his future while away on international duty with Croatia on Friday, a frustrated Modric made clear his priority is to agree fresh terms with Madrid.
My wish is known: to stay at Real Madrid, he said at a pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday s meeting with Wales. I believe and hope that it comes…
Turkey managed to pull quite a surprise on Thursday evening, beating Croatia in Osijek to break top of Group D in the Euro 2024 qualifications. The only goal of the game was the work of Baris Yilmas, a lovely chip in the 30th minute that caught Dominik Livakovic in the Croatia goal in no-man s land.
The game
Why exactly Livakovic was so far from his goal in that moment, only he knows, but it should be said that only his quality kept Croatia level on several occasions before that. Yilmaz threatened with a dangerous shot in the second minute already, and seven minutes later, Livakovic kept out Muhammed Akturkoglu s rocket from the edge of the box. Just four minutes after that, Turkish goalkeeper Ugurcan Cakir hit a long pass forward and found Akturkoglu again, but the winger was…
Gennaro Gattuso could soon sign a new AC Milan contract after sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli indicated a deal with the coach is imminent.
Gattuso was appointed in November 2017 as a replacement for Vincenzo Montella, but he only signed a contract to the end of the season.
Milan have improved under the leadership of the former Italy midfielder, although a Europa League exit to Arsenal was a setback for the Rossoneri.
Gattuso, however, appears to have done enough to earn the chance to take Milan into next season, with his side unbeaten in 10 Serie A matches, winning their last five games in the league.
We are closing on Easter and are preparing a gift, Mirabelli said. We could find Gattuso s contract renewal inside our Easter egg. I don t thin…
Ajax starlet Amin Younes has agreed a contract with Bundesliga outfit Wolfsburg, according to Sport 1.
The 24-year-old had earlier agreed to join Napoli in January, but eventually decided to pull the plug on the deal due to personal problems.
And while the Azzurri claim Younes will arrive on a free transfer in the summer, latest reports suggest that the winger instead plans to sign for Wolfsburg.
The German footballer seems to have no intention of moving to Stadio San Paolo despite signing a five-year contract and it looks as though his future will be determined by a court case.
Younes has shown a great deal at Amsterdam ArenA and even represented Germany at the 2017 Confederations Cup in Russia.
…
Olivier Giroud urged his team-mates to repeat the ruthless first-half display from the 5-2 quarter-final win over Iceland when Euro 2016 hosts France face Germany in the last four.
Often slow starters at the tournament, France put an end to that with a clinical display, Giroud netting a brace the first of which came after just 12 minutes as Paul Pogba, Dimitri Payet and Antoine Griezmann also got on the scoresheet, building a 4-0 lead at half-time on the way to a convincing victory.
The Arsenal striker, who won man of the match for his display, told reporters after the game: From my perspective I am pleased, no more than that. I am very happy for the team, my family and the French public as a whole.
I don t know whether that is my best performance for F…
Nigel Clough has been sacked by Sheffield United after failing to secure promotion to the Championship.
Clough guided the south Yorkshire club to the semi-finals of the League Cup this season after reaching the last four of the FA Cup last year.
The 49-year-old, who took over in October 2013 after being shown the door by Derby County, was unable to lift United back into the second tier, though, as they lost to Swindon in the semi-finals of the League One play-offs earlier this month.
Clough has paid the price for that failure, with the club confirming his exit on Monday.
A statement on the club s official website said: Sheffield United today announce that Nigel Clough, the club s first team manager, and his management staff, are to leave Bramall Lane…
Eintracht Frankfurt have completed the signing of midfielder Stephan Schroeck from Hoffenheim after tracking the player for over a year.
The 26-year-old, who has signed a two-year-deal, joined Hoffenheim in 2012 but struggled to break into the first team and has left the club for an undisclosed fee after making just 10 appearances.
Schroeck made his debut for Hoffenheim against Frankfurt in September 2012, but it did not go well for the midfielder as he was sent off for two bookable offences.
That did not unduly worry Frankfurt manager Armin Veh, with the 52-year-old admitting that, having missed out on the former Germany youth international last year, he was happy to finally get his man.
We were interested in Stephan Schroeck last year, he told the club s offic…
Italy winger Antonio Candreva has extended his contract with Lazio, curtailing speculation of a January move.
Candreva penned a five-year contract just 11 months ago, but club officials have chosen to act with Juventus, Arsenal and Liverpool reportedly eyeing a move for the 27-year-old.
Since moving from the Stadio Olimpico in January 2012, Candreva has scored 23 goals in 113 appearances for Lazio.
Candreva has been an Italy international for nearly five years, amassing 23 caps, and was a part of the squads for the Confederations Cup and World Cup in Brazil.
Despite a sluggish start to the season which sees Lazio sit 12th in Serie A, Candreva is delighted to remain in the capital.
He told Lazio s official radio station: I have renewed my contract …
Everton manager David Moyes is hopeful his side can continue their strong record against Manchester City when they meet on Saturday.
The Toffees have won eight of their past 10 games against City, although Roberto Mancini s men have not lost at home in 36 games since a defeat to the Merseyside club in December 2010.
However, Moyes is looking to draw confidence from the side s past achievements against the Premier League champions to grind out a positive result.
I think we ve had some good performances (against City), Moyes told the club’s official website.
I don t know if they re up there with the best in my time here but I think we ve done quite well when we ve played them and we ll try to do that again.
They re up at the top of the leagu…